SPAA® considers the protection of the environment in which it operates to be of fundamental importance and plans strategies and actions to improve its environmental performance with a view to continuous improvement.
The company’s environmental objectives are:
- increase of employees’ responsibility towards environmental protection through training and internal communication
- minimization of the consumption of natural resources, materials and the production of waste, especially hazardous waste, by reusing resources
- reduce of the environmental impact of its activities
- design of products with low environmental impact “from cradle to grave” and, when possible, reuse by-products in the production cycle according to the principles of circular economy
- definition of environmental objectives and targets consistent with corporate development strategies
In 2019 SPAA® obtained the integrated environmental authorisation (AIA), which specifies the requirements to be adopted and includes the management of raw materials and hazardous substances, atmospheric emissions, waste, noise, the adoption of BAT.
The certification of the Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001, obtained in 2020, demonstrates management’s commitment to protection of the environment, especially the prevention of pollution and the sustainable use of natural resources and energy throughout the product life cycle, from the selection of raw materials to disposal by the end user.